Always casting,
since 1873

Company history

The story starts with the two Benninger brothers taking over a mechanical workshop in Uzwil.

  • 1873 an iron foundry was incorporated
  • 1917 the legal form of the Benninger foundry was made official
  • 1980 the foundry became a separate business unit
  • 1994 QS management certification in accordance
    with ISO 9001
  • 1997 the foundry was transormed into a joint stock company and gained certification in accordance with ISO 14001 (environmental management)
  • 2000 the IT infrastructure was modernised
  • 2000 implementation of the simulation software Magma Soft
  • 2001 the new high-bay warehouse was commissioned
  • 2003 re-certification in accordance with ISO 9001 and
    ISO 14001 was successfully realised
  • 2003 inception of the network TWO IN ONE
  • 2005 the core moulding shop was completely refurbished
  • 2007 a new, state-of-the-art machine moulding line came into operation
  • 2008 the new production hall for large castings opened its factory gates
  • 2011 complete modernisation of the entire IT infrastructure and
    introduction of a new ERP system
  • 2012 activation of the new pattern warehouse
  • 2013 successful re-certification in accordance with
    ISO 9001:2008 and 14001:2004
  • 2013 investment in additive manufacturing. Start of
    the digital casting production (DGP) and scan tecnologie
  • 2015 new investment of technical modelmaking (5-axis) machining center
  • 2017 investment in melting infrastructure  (automated processes) level 1 & 2
  • 2017 redesign of the website

Success has many shareholders

  • Motivated employees.
  • Partnership relationships
  • Innovative attitude
  • Customer-oriented services